One of the most commonly asked questions when starting to plan a wedding is - When should I send Save the Dates?
When it comes to sending out save the dates for a wedding, it's best to do so as early as possible. Generally, sending them out 6-8 months before the wedding date is recommended. This gives your guests enough time to plan and make the necessary arrangements to attend the wedding. However, if you're having a destination wedding, sending out save the dates at least 8-12 months in advance is recommended so that your guests have enough time to make travel arrangements. Remember that save the dates are not mandatory, but they help ensure that your guests can plan accordingly and attend your wedding.
Sending out save the dates is an important step in the wedding planning process. Here are a few additional tips to keep in mind when sending out save the dates:
- Make sure to include the names of the couple getting married, the wedding date, and the location of the wedding on the save the dates.
- If you have a wedding website, include the web address on the save the dates so that your guests can easily access important details about the wedding.
- Consider using a photo of you and your partner on the save the dates to add a personal touch.
- It's also a good idea to keep a list of who you've sent save the dates to and who has RSVP'd to the wedding. This will help you keep track of who you still need to follow up with as the wedding gets closer.
When it comes to sending save the dates, it's essential to make sure that you are providing enough information for your guests to plan accordingly. Here are a few additional tips to keep in mind when sending out save the dates:
- If you have a specific dress code for your wedding, consider including it on the save the dates. This will help guests plan their outfits accordingly.
- If you're having a destination wedding, including information on the save the dates about accommodations and transportation options. Providing this information early on will help guests feel more comfortable attending the wedding.
- It's also important to consider the design of your save the dates. Make sure they reflect the overall style and theme of your wedding. This will set the tone for what guests can expect on your big day.
Remember that sending out save the dates is a thoughtful way to ensure your guests have the necessary information to attend your wedding. By including all the relevant details and following up with guests as needed, you can help make your wedding day a success.